Friday, September 10, 2010

Brandy?

Mmmmm...brandy. Living in the luxurious and sultry Florida heat, it’s pretty easy to overlook brandy and cognac. I had a sip of some Gran Duque d’Alba today and I was immediately transported back to the times when I lived in more wintery climes; recalling the warming sensation that travels slowly down the throat and spreads luxuriously over the body the same way the Florida sunshine soaks in. So now, I'm thinking brandy might be the perfect rainy day beverage and official hurricane drink. Margaritas used to be my personal Hurricane Cocktail, but they’re not so good when the power goes out and there’s no ice. Brandy, on the other hand, is best without ice. And, there’s just something comforting about it; like a gentle hug. And, really, who doesn’t need a hug these days?

Now...where's my snifter?


Tastes pretty good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment